Wednesday, October 9, 2013

James Saves the Moon by Wendy Nystrom



I just read James Saves the Moon by the incredible Wendy Nystrom. It's such a sweet tale of a little boy who learns the value of listening and working together. I loved the illustrations in the story that really bring the characters to life. James is such a precocious and innocent character who learns that all things are not superstitions and that superstitions are meant to be believed. My favorite character was Syvock the member of the Icelandic little people who lives in a pile of rocks near James' house. He is kind of the Jiminy Cricket to James' Peter pan. A conscience who explains that magic is not to be taken lightly because it uses the power of nature and could hurt nature if too much is used. The illustrations of Matthias the dragon are so beautiful, the blue tones in the pictures add to the mental picture I had when reading the story. When the characters worked together to release the moon from where it was stuck on the mountain I was cheering for them, I know that my daughter will love this story and read it again and again. I know I truly enjoyed it. Wendy is a word weaving wonder woman who writes such wonderful, beautiful, fanciful tales that teach great morals, like listening to your friends and cooperation. I would recommend this book to anyone who is young or young at heart. I would happily give this book even more than 5 stars because it's just a wonderful story!

http://www.amazon.com/James-Saves-the-Moon-ebook/dp/B00A3W9MKY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381378596&sr=8-1&keywords=james+saves+the+moon

No comments:

Post a Comment