Saturday, October 22, 2016

Bound by Juliet Braddock



Review of Bound By Juliet Braddock

I had never read a BDSM book before so when my friend recommended Juliet Braddock's books to me I didn't know what to expect. Me thinking that the dungeons you see on CSI and NCIS are the standard of practice for those who like BDSM. I was totally wrong. Bound by Juliet Braddock changed my mind about BDSM books forever. While BDSM paints a picture of a dark red room full of black clad leather bodies Juliet's book shows a lighter side, a side where it also includes love and playfulness. I read the scenes and I was like whoa was I ever wrong, the tenderness that Drew showed Maxine (my favorite sassy character) showed for each other in their play and in their lives outside of their dungeon were amazing. Drew who's an actor has this heart of gold that you instantly fall in love with. He is so attentive to Maxine's every whim in the bedroom...except for when she's pregnant then she doesn't always get her way. His gifts for her are so well thought out and he needs to give boyfriend / husband lessons to every man in the world because when they made Drew they broke the mold! I think my favorite scene in the whole book and there were many I absolutely loved was Maxine and the funeral but I can't tell you why because it would spoil it. I found myself laughing in so many places at the trouble that Maxine got in. The ending of the book was completely amazing and such a perfect epilogue. Juliet's characters (Ben comes to mind) are so very different and all have incredible depth. Having only read this book I don't know the backstories, however I plan on reading the rest of the series as well. This is such a wonderful read and Ms. Braddock is an amazing writer you smile, laugh, cry and punish right along with the characters all in a good way. You live the story and the world building is really incredible you can really see everything in your head and that's what I look for in a good story. This is an excellent book and I would highly recommend it even if you've never read BDSM books. It's a marvelous steamy read that will leave you begging for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment